Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Spring!


Judging by the weather and all the daffodils, spring has sprung! I decided to take full advantage of the lovely weather today and rent a rototiller to turn up the veggie garden. I went to the local hardware store to rent one, but they had already rented out the front-tine tiller that I like, so I was stuck with the rear-tine tiller. OMG - I will never do that again! That tiller totally kicked my butt!!!! It was extremely difficult to control. I managed to run over my pitchfork, the decorative plant hanger/suet feeder hanger, the front step, and almost hit the heat pump. I did get some earth turned up and it was mostly where I intended, but that stupid tiller fought me tooth-and-nail. At least I am done with the tilling and can start thinking about planting a garden in a couple of weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment