Friday, March 18, 2011

Carpe Diem



I had a vacation day today, and after the terrible week that I had, they couldn't have convinced me to come in for any reason. I decided to "Carpe Diem". I could literally feel the potential that the day had to offer and I wanted to take full advantage.

I got up at 6:45 and couldn't make the bed due to a nesting cat
She stayed there almost all day.

So I ate some yogurt and then left the house.

I filled the Subaruski with fuel - $41 - ouch! and started my adventure.

My first stop was the Bureau of Motor Vehicles testing center. I took my written test for my Motorcycle learner's permit and got 100% - woohoo!!!

After I wrapped that up, I got a couple of mochas and took one to hubby who was at work.

Then came grocery shopping.

I came home and put the groceries away then changed clothes and got to work. I sanitized both the cat boxes - they needed it. Then I got my chainsaw out and got down to business with a dead willow and a bunch of downed limbs from an ice storm. I totally love my little chainsaw!


I spent a couple of hours cutting everything up and I decided to burn some of the smaller stuff while I ate lunch. Fire makes the awesome day so much more awesome!!!!
In the center of the pic, at the corner of the fence, is the nice little woodpile that I made.

After I was done with that, I went inside and cleaned up. Then I scrubbed down the bathroom and waxed the shower and bathroom counter.

It was about 3pm by this time, so I decided that homemade calzones were the order for the day. They contained chicken italian sausage (healthier than pork), green onion, red bell pepper, carrots, kalamata olives, feta cheese, tomato paste, fat free mozzarella, fresh basil, and garlic. I also made the crust from scratch.


The dinner was really tasty, and after we were finished, I convinced the hubby to take me bowling. We bowled, played pool, and played video games. Then we finished the evening off by going to Dairy Queen and getting a blizzard.

So that is how my awesome day off went!!!! I wish they were all that good!

No comments:

Post a Comment