Monday, March 21, 2011

Haiku Madness

I am by myself
There is no one close to me
I like it that way

My fences are tall
They are there to keep you out
Please do not intrude

As I fix the phone
My friends eat the cookie dough
We will watch TV

Creamed corn is really great
The flower roars like milk toast
Violent are the cats

I do not trust you
You have ravaged my soul
Birds will eat your flesh

Grey water is cold
Mountain ranges rise above
No people to see

Lines and arrows point
Blueprint says how to weld it
Will I ever learn

Fatigue haunting me
My eyelids want to fall down
Not awake right now

And now for something completely different:

As I pass you on the street
Do you remember me
Is my face reminiscent of another life
Do you spend your nights dreaming
Of the love we had
I loved you so
The touch of your hand
It lingers on my cheek
The moisture of your kiss
Hasn't left my lips
I wish I could turn back time
Undo all the wrongs
There has to be a reason
For the void in my soul
If I would have known
It would hurt this much
Maybe I wouldn't have let you in
I don't know
I have so much to say
But you don't even look up

No comments:

Post a Comment